The 2012 Learning Technology Summit will be hosted by Georgia LEARNSSM at the Shepherd Center on November 27, 2012 from 8:00AM to 9:00 PM. A goal of the event is to bring local, national and global visibility to Georgia based organizations that are having worldwide impact with innovations in learning and performance. By having the event at the Shepherd Center we will bring attention to its work while noting its relevance to our goal. The event will have two components:
Please read the event brochure: Georgia%20LEARNS%28sm%29%20brochure%20for%202012%20event.docx
- Part one (Invitation only and no fee) from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM will include keynotes, panel discussions and project table conversations (6-10 executives) per table. Invitees may also attend the evening session at no cost. We are expecting 75 Executives to attend - CEO’s of technology, learning and consulting companies. In addition there will be representatives from corporate learning organizations, executive directors of nonprofits, private investors and members of academia. Full Registration (Invite only)
- Part two (open to the public for a modest fee) from 6:30 to 9:00 PM will provide a brief recap of the day’s activities and then provide opportunity for attendees to learn more about the projects by meeting the consultants and executives that attended during the day. All profits will be divided amongst The Shepherd Center, The Glenn Pelham Debate Foundation, CFY, Building Understanding and the Technology Association of Georgia. The additional attendees will primarily be technology, learning and consulting professionals from commercial entities. Evening Registration (Open invite)
In addition to the work of the Shepherd Center – the themes of the day include:
- Innovation in learning
- Technology in support of performance
- Collaboration as an accelerator of innovation in learning and performance
- Debate as an innovation in learning
- Technology as an accelerator of the success in overcoming family obesity
- Closing the Gap between Learning and Performance
Here is an overview of Georgia LEARNS:
Please review the forum section of this site to learn about the project table discussions.
Please review the blog posts section of this site to learn about the keynote and panel discussions.
Full Registration (Invite only)
Evening Registration (Open invite)
Address of the Shepherd Center
2020 Peachtree Road NW Atlanta, GA 30309-1465
Exit the elevator in the Shepherd Parking Deck on the 1st floor. You will be in the main hallway. At the first hallway to your right you will be in the elevator lobby for the Marcus/Woodruff Bldg. Go to the 7th floor. Exit the elevator to the right -- you will enter the Auditorium Lobby -- The Auditorium will be on your left.