Georgia LEARNS 2015 will be a series of events for learning leaders and investors across the spectrum of learning.
Our theme for 2015 is "Challenging our Thinking" - How do successful people manage the way they think? This year's theme has been influenced by "Blue Ocean Strategy" (Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne) and by "Thinking Fast and Slow" (Daniel Kahneman.) The content has been influenced by conversations with many of our past participants and notably by the team at Herrmann International http://www.herrmannsolutions.com and Kirkpatrick Partners http://kirkpatrickpartners.com/.
Each of the panels on Days 1 and 2 will feature a BYOL - Bring Your Own Learning format. Panelists will have three to five minutes to present questions related to what they want to learn from the audience as well as present what they believe the audience can learn from the panelist's experience. Each panel will be followed by 30 minute breakout discussion sessions.
Day 1 – October 13th will be attended primarily by owners/CEO’s of training, technology and consulting companies. The theme of the day will be focused on “Growing Your Business” and will include five 30 minute panels/discussions. Here are the topics:
8:00 to 8:30 Registration and Informal conversation
8:30 to 10:15 Introductions and formal conversation
1. 10:30 to 11:30 Segment 1 - Leading a direct sales team in a growth environment
2. 11:45 to 1:00 Segment 2 - Alliances as a differentiation and acceleration strategy
3. 1:15 to 2:15 Segment 3 - Mergers and Acquisitions as a growth strategy
4. 2:30 to 3:30 Segment 4 - Raising capital to support your growth initiative
5. 3:45 to 4:45 Segment 5 - What happens after you exit?
Day 2 – October 14th will be for learning leaders within the industry. The attendees from day 1 will be joined by Corporate, Nonprofit and Academic learning and talent leaders. The theme of the day will be focused on “Better Outcomes” and will build on – Better Thinking, Better Information, Better Design. The morning will be three 30 minute BYOL panel discussions - one for each of the “betters” followed by 30 minute breakout discussion sessions.
1. 8:30 to 9:30 AM Segment 6 - Better Thinking (Co Sponsor: Purpleframe http://www.purpleframetech.com)
2. 9:45 to 10:45 AM Segment 7 - Better Information
3. 11:00 to 12:00 PM Segment 8 - Better Design (Co Sponsor: WDHB http://www.wdhb.com)
The afternoon from 1:15 to 5:00 PM will be two fee-based workshops. (On September 27th we updated this page to describe a change that will allow workshop attendees to participate in both offerings.)
1. Segment 9 1:00 to 2:45 PM - Better Thinking – Offered by Ann Herrmann of Herrmann International
2. Segment 10 3:15- 5:00 PM Better Design - Offered by Jim Kirkpatrick of Kirkpatrick Partners
Segment 11 - The evening from 6:00 to 8:00 PM will be a public event related to the theme of Day 2 and featuring a moderated discussion between the presenters. It will be offered in conjunction with the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) http://www.tagonline.org for a fee.
Day 3 – October 15th will be the Atlanta Learning Leader meeting. It will run all day and the leaders will be asked to attend as much of the day as their schedule permits. The public may attend the sessions A, B and C for a fee. Each public session will be managed by a learning leader and will include a team that will present a topic of their choice in a format of their choice. Our learning will be - who they chose for their team, how they decided what to do, what they decided to cover and the format they decided to use.
1. Segment 12 - 8:00 to 9:00 AM – Breakfast with Atlanta Learning Leaders and Georgia LEARNS Sponsors
2. Segment 13 - 9:15 to 10:45 AM – Atlanta Learning Leader public session A - Managed by Michael Woodard
3. Segment 14 - 11:00 to 1:00 PM - Atlanta Learning Leader public session B - Managed by Imani Mance
4. Segment 15 - 1:30 to 3:00 – Atlanta Learning Leader public session C - Managed by Marilyn Bloom
5. Segment 16 - 3:15 to 4:15 – Georgia LEARNS Summary and Conversation related to 2016
Please contact Paul Terlemezian email@example.com 404-252-8330 with any questions.